Monday, April 12, 2010

Sunday, April 11th, 2010. 8:00pm

The scent of repellent is reminding me of beach trips-usually I don’t put it on unless I’m on vacation. Now it’s part of my night routine, or at least it has been for the past few days- the rainy season is starting and there are more mosquitoes. I thought I had heard thunder a little bit ago and I began to get worried. I definitely just heard it again about two minutes ago so that confirmed that a thunderstorm might be on the way. On this Sunday night, inside of this house and on this bed it would be nice to sleep to the sound of rain- if the circumstances were ideal. But, how can they be considering that a single rain drop only makes me think of the thousands of people on the street, sleeping under tents, under pieces of “tent material”, under sheets and clothes tied up, under whatever is available as a roof. Many of these people, I’m sure, don’t have this gravel or any kind of floor and, I’m sure the water gets in their tents. If these rainy nights keep on occurring, how are people sleeping? How can I sleep knowing I’m so close to all of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment